Tsinghua University 2024 YAU Mathematical Sciences Leaders Program Admissions (Third Round)
Tsinghua University will continue accepting students into the YAU Mathematical Sciences Leaders Program (2024 Entry). It recruits students from all over the world who have excellent overall quality, great mathematical potentials and specialties for selection and training. From undergraduate training to doctoral level studies, we are committed to cultivating future leaders in the fields of mathematical sciences in China and the world.
1. Qualification of Applicants:
1) The applicant should be in good health and character, well-behaved, excellent in academics, and should display great potential in the fields of mathematical sciences.
2) This round is open to international students, Chinese students from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and Chinese students who are studying abroad.
3) We mainly accept outstanding applicants whose grade level are equivalent to their third year of middle school to third year in high school in mainland China.
2. Application Method:
Applicants should apply online by completing the Online Application. Before submitting the application, please print out, sign, scan, and upload it (no need to mail the application materials).
After logging in (those who are logging in for the first time shall first register), please select “Tsinghua University 2024 YAU Mathematical Sciences Leaders Program Admissions (Third Round)” to apply. Please fill in and submit the application materials online according to the program requirements.
3. Process of Application:
1) Initial review: The application review team will use a holistic approach in their evaluation of every applicant based on the specialties in mathematics, learning ability, daily performance, and academic research potential. The result of this review will be posted in the application system. The results will be separated into three categories: excellent, pass and fail. Applicants who have been categorized as “excellent” will be on the shortlist. Applicants who have been categorized as “pass” will continue participating in comprehensive test(s). Applicants who are not on the above lists failed to enter the next step.
2) Testing Phase: The testing will include a subject ability exam and an interview. The tests will be conducted online, and the specific arrangement is subject to the notification in the online application system.
3) Shortlisted: The evaluation committee will carefully evaluate each student based on the application materials and the tests results to decide who will be shortlisted. Those who have been shortlisted will be notified through the online application system. If there are any objections to the result, please follow the guidelines to file a complaint. After objection period has passed, the result will become effective. Since we put quality before quantity, the decision relying on the benchmark will go through careful consideration and meet the strict standards.
4) Confirmation: Those who have been shortlisted must confirm before receiving the “Tsinghua University 2024 ‘YAU Mathematical Sciences Leaders Program’ Shortlist Confirmation Certificate”.
5) Preparatory Training: Those who have been shortlisted must participate in the preparatory training in the 2024 spring semester. During this time, students’ adaptability to university studies will be reviewed, and admission procedures can only be processed if they pass the preparatory courses. If applicant is not able to participate due to reason for instance participating in the International Mathematical Olympiad, he or she might be admitted directly after careful review. As a result, substitute courses should be taken after admitting to Tsinghua University.
Acceptance Method: Applicants who have been shortlisted and passed the preparatory training shall follow the acceptance process to confirm their acceptance. Further admission information will be announced at a later date.
1) December 6-December 20, 2023: Complete and submit online application
Note: There is possibility of admission review and testing phase in February 2024 considering the application in this round. Subsequent arrangements will be notified in advance.
2) Late-December, 2023: Results of the initial review and the test arrangement will be posted on the application system.
3) December, 2023-January, 2024: Testing and verification take place.
4) January 2024: Results of those who have been shortlisted will be posted on the application system and the Shortlist Confirmation Certificate will also be issued.
5) March-June, 2024: Arrive on campus to attend preparatory training.
6. Additional Information:
1) Tsinghua University attaches great importance to the management of enrollment of this program, and strictly enforces discipline and accountability throughout the application process.
2) Applicants must ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate. If the admissions office or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled. Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
3) For shortlisted students who are studying mathematics and applied mathematics (eight-year system), the tuition and accommodation fees shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements of the same group of students.
4) In the event of a situation that may affect the admissions examination process, the university can adjust the admissions process according to the situation. The right to interpret this admissions process sits with the Admissions Office of Tsinghua University.
7. Contact Us:
Address: No. 1 Tsinghua Yuan, Haidian District, Admissions Office, Tsinghua University,
Zip Code: 100084
Tel: +86-010-62770334 or 62782051
Admissions Website: http://join-tsinghua.edu.cn
In case of any dispute or misunderstanding relating to the interpretation of the language or terms used in this document, the Chinese language version shall prevail.
Tsinghua University Admissions Office
Tsinghua University Qiuzhen College